CALENDAR OF EVENTS
UPF-Argentina Peace Council Statement: “Common Good and Peace: A Bicentennial Nation”
Written by UPF-Argentina
Tuesday, November 24, 2015
- We greet and congratulate the newly-elected leaders of our nation. We wish a good administration for not only the president and vice president, but also for the governors, mayors, legislators, and councilors. We also wish those who will advise and collaborate with them in the exercise of their functions can work properly and with service. We yearn this out of love for our homeland.
- We celebrate the commitment of the Argentinean people on this day of November 22, and on other occasions during this electoral year, to choose one candidate for a specific public function or position, and the reaffirmation of democratic values of participation and collective construction of the common good through a noble human expression: politics.
- We stand up for a transition that can be a foundation to keep building on the values on which our Republic was founded 200 years ago. We uphold the values of freedom and fraternity, work and education, dialogue and respect, justice and coexistence among the diverse cultures, ethnicities, nationalities, and beliefs in our country. We march forward to a bicentennial of hope.
- We know that the destiny of greatness for our nation is not achieved only by a governor, a party, or a team of “enlightened” people, but also by a shared commitment from all sides. We call for cooperation among different political groups to find the common good with all leaders of society, overcoming particular interests.
- From this principle of common good arises the centrality of human family, which includes children and grandparents, honors life and social coexistence, human development, sustainable progress, and protection of planet earth. Family is an active dynamic in our lives and in the development of people; it clarifies our responsibility in this critical moment, full of opportunities.
- As we, as a global community, face serious problems, from poverty to terrorism, we understand human interdependence and the interconnection of life exists. We urgently need universally shared values for coexistence in order to achieve the realization of peace.
- For all these reasons, we reaffirm the purpose of our Constitution’s preamble, and renew now our commitment, as citizens and leaders, to it: “In order to form a national union, guarantee justice, secure domestic peace, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves, to our posterity, and to all men of the world who wish to dwell on argentine soil: invoking the protection of God, source of all reason and justice.”
Buenos Aires, November 24, 2015
If you find this page helpful and informative please consider making donation. Your donation will help Universal Peace Federation (UPF) provide new and improved reports, analysis and publications to you and everyone around the world.
UPF is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization and all donations are tax deductible in the United States. Receipts are automatically provided for donations of or above $250.00.
Donate to the Universal Peace Federation: Your donation to support the general programs of UPF.
Donate to the Religious Youth Service (RYS): Your donation will be used for service projects around the world.
Donate to UPF's Africa Projects: Your donation will be used for projects in Africa.
Bangkok, Thailand—An Asian Leadership Conference held in November drew participation from government officials from Cambodia and Indonesia.
Larnaca, Cyprus—Syrian leaders, scholars and journalists attended a UPF conference on “Syria: Opening Lines of Communication and Soft Power Approaches to Peace.”
Peoples Republic of China
Hong Kong, China—Forty government, academic and civil society leaders from the greater China region attended UPF’s Cross-Strait Peace Consultation at the Open University of Hong Kong.